Having a Growth Mindset means understanding that intelligence can be developed through purposeful practice.
We want our students to have a 'Growth Mindset' and when they are we notice that they:
- Believe that practising is the best way to get better grades
- Put in lots of effort into their learning
- Often ask their teachers for feedback
- Use the feedback they receive to improve subsequent work
Tips for helping with developing a Growth Mindset
- Respond with the word 'yet' when children say 'I can't do this'. Remind them that they can so long as they practise enough.
- Talk about the brain like a muscle that can be built over time through exercise or thinking