Parent & Carers
We are keen to establish a working partnership with the parents and carers of our students during their stay in the Sixth Form College. In our commitment to their son or daughter’s life in the College we ask;
- To be aware of the contents of the Parents Information Handbook and to encourage students to understand and meet the obligations outlined.
- To note information contained in our weekly Communication Sheet for parents, carers and students.
- To support their son or daughter in their home learning and as far as possible provide a suitable environment for home learning.
- To discuss progress grades and inform us if they are concerned about any aspects of their son or daughter’s learning.
- To contact the Sixth Form College Admin Team if their son or daughter is unable to attend College and to notify staff of any changes of contact details for communication purposes.
- To ensure that students will not be absent for avoidable reasons such as holidays during term time.
Parents and carers can expect that the Sixth Form College will provide;
- A Parent/Carer Handbook (See below)
- Prompt response to any concerns or questions asked.
- Contact from the College if we should become concerned about attendance or progress.
- Opportunities to meet with the Learning Mentor or member of the Sixth Form College Management Team and subject staff.
Parents and carers will be given the opportunity to be on the School’s Governing Body as Parent Governors and to join the Friends of Steyning Grammar School