Self-Control with Learning
Self-Control is controlling one’s own behaviour so that it supports both our short term and long term goals.
We want our students to be 'self controlled' with their learning and when they are we notice that they:
- Are organised with their equipment and books for lessons
- Start tasks promptly after they are directed to do so
- Don't get distracted easily
- Produce good home learning on time
Tips for helping with Self-Control with Learning
- Start routines like packing bags for school the night before
- Discuss the obstacles to being self controlled with home learning and help think up strategies to overcome them. For example: for many students their phone is a distraction to their home learning, could it be left with a parent during home learning times?